Project Plans

Dar knitted this shawl with a pattern from Busy Monky named geology and used fiber optics foot notes with cashmere. It felt soft and cozy. It is a nice small shawlett that isn't too open.  It fit Betsy well but she is very slim.  It would be too small for me. I would like to use this yarn for something.

In general, I've found that I really enjoy mohair blended with things.  I like the mohair blended with silk and not just mohair or blended with nylon which is too scratchy.  Options are Valley Yarns, Nordic Mart, Cascade, Rowan, Shibui.  I am currently blending it with alpaca for the fingerless mitts to give the alpaca more body.  I'm also adding it to Paton's silk and bamboo for the same mitts and I've blended it with several other yarns including Wolle's for a purple, green and gray shawl.


Linen_jjf_0108_small2
Mitzi Cyrus made a linen stitch scarf with 3 skeins of koigu (merino)  including a solid teal, solid blue and a verigated skein in the vivid aqua blues.  It was soooo soft and lovely but with structure from the close linen stitch.  I would like to try this project for myself. I have the pattern.   Here are the yarns she used:



Comments