Yarn Along

Yarn Along with Me

Today I'm reading Ball's Canning Guide for the blackberry jam that is cooking and working on my second fingerless mitt from Susie Roger's Reading Mitts. I had been looking for a pattern and love this one.  I used alpaca from A & R Alpaca Farm near Circleville, OH which is buttery soft.  I held a silk mohair blend along with the alpaca to give a little denser feel to the fabric.  My knitting group did a day trip to the alpaca farm where owners Robin & Aaron were gracious and informative hosts.  We spent over three hours learning about the alpacas and petting both the alpacas and their lovely yarns.  Of course we couldn't leave without adding some of the beautiful yarns to our stashes. The colors are amazing.  All are natural and undyed with such a variety of shades from white to chocolate brown to coal black and a rainbow in between.  I'm lucky in that my knitting buddies share my addiction to yarn.  Whether or not it ever becomes a knitted item, we love the yarns.  They hold so much promise for what they might become...what pattern they may match match up with....  Until that day, they are a part of the home decor so we enjoy it daily and become inspired.
            Yarn along link

Comments