A&R Alpaca Farm trip 3

I am so glad that I stumbled across this farm a couple of months ago.  Today Peggy Jo and I drove up this past Thursday (242miles round trip) to take two pairs of fingerless mitts in a light cream color. One was made with just the alpaca and one I added matching mohair.  Their girls in my knitting group all preferred the ones with mohair.  The addition gave the mitts a more substantial polished look. Robin of A & R preferred them too.  She wants me to make lots more along with toboggans and cowls.  I told her I would add the mohair to the ones that I could match and would leave the others plain. The mohair adds $7-10 to cost of production plus the $20 I request for my labor on these items.  Robin sent me home with 12-13 skeins of yarn ( 200 yd Dk ) plus a bag full of balls which I will make in to fringed scarves. I will make as many as I can using these.  A few for this year and lists for next year.  This means I have to put my own knitting on the back burner but that's okay as I enjoy making these items too and they are potential money makers with a good sales outlet. The yarn has been stored adjacent to their barn and needs a good airing out. For now, I put it in a garbage bag and sprinkled with lime oil to prevent smelling up my yarn room.  I also need to design a good inventory method for our joint venture so all yarn and products can be accounted for.  I will share the spreadsheet with Robin.

Comments